büji is taking a holistic approach to be the best company it can, making products that blend the best of the natural world with effective chemical/drug ingredients. For example, we don’t use parabens (a common preservative) or chemical sunscreen ingredients in our büji Block®, both of which may have links to cancer. Learn more about our sunscreen protection. Our products under development will be paraben-free.
Sustainability is a long-term process, balancing continued commercial success with environmental and social impact. We are constantly looking to improve by identifying like-minded business partners and lessening our own environmental impact.
- Bio-based plastics. Our plastic tube supplier, Berry Plastics Corporation, is committed to introducing a bio-based product line in 2007. We hope to implement this technology in the near future.
- Responsible partnerships. Berry Plastics operates on a zero-waste model. We seek environmental consciousness from all our vendors.
- Paperless office. We’re not there yet, but we’re working on it!
- Internet marketing. büji focuses its marketing efforts online where you live and learn. We are striving to keep our paper-rich advertising methods to a minimum.
- Local vendors. With the exception of our plastic tubes, büji products and packages are manufactured and shipped using local, Chicago-area vendors.
We are a small company with big sustainability goals. We are investigating plant-based inks, recycled packaging and renewable energy. Please bear with us while we grow and learn!
Share your thoughts. Tell how important sustainability is to you and stay informed of our progress by joining the büji Smart Panel.
At büji, we believe that people who learn to have fun outdoors become people who care about their environment. By fostering outdoor activity, we contribute to healthier lives AND a healthier planet. Learn more.